Saturday, January 21, 2006

A REALLY SUPER SATURDAY !

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 21

 

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.

To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.

To reach out for another is to risk involvement.

To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.

To place your ideas, your dreams, before a crowd is to risk their loss.

To love is to risk not being loved in return.

To live is to risk dying.

To hope is to risk failure.

But risks must be taken.

Because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

If you risk nothing and do nothing, you dull your spirit.

You may avoid suffering and sorrow,

But you cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, and live.

Chained by your attitude, you are a slave.

You have forfeited your freedom.

Only if you risk are you free.

Author unknown.

 

GOOD MORNING !

 

I had a nice dinner and cake with my folks last night.

Today I’ll be having lunch with DS#6 and lots of our family . Tomorrow afternoon, one of my dulcimer buddies is having our dulcimer group over for dinner.

After all the quiet days since the beginning of the New Year, getting together with family and friends is a welcome relief. I can only take so much quiet.

***BIG SMILE***

My house will not get it’s weekly blessing, my laundry will not get done, but I will have a lot of fun !

 May your day be blessed with lots of smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart.

MA

 

TODAY’S THOUGHT -

A smile is a powerful weapon. You can even break ice with it.

 

goldfish by:

  www.cutecolors.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

zippety do da zipeety aye my oh my what a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!Plenty of sunshine coming my way.............. {{NOT LOL}}}}}
Taken from song of the south

Anonymous said...

So neat you play the dulcimer! Enjoy the time with friends and family; laundry and chores can always wait; they will always be there, but times spent with family and friends are more percious.

betty

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend with all your friends and family!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun with the dulcimer buddies.  Yep just do the important stuff that bothers you each evening catching up on the weekly blessing.  (like with me - the floors and vacuuming) --then the rest of the housework can go til next weekend.  LOL.  Just pretend you did it.  LOL.
Sonya