Wednesday, January 4, 2006

OVER THE HUMP DAY !

Chapter 1, page 4

We cannot all be famous

or be listed in "Who's Who",

But every person, great or small,

has important work to do.

For seldom do we realize

the importance of small deeds,

Or to what degree of greatness

unnoticed kindness leads.

For it's not the big celebrity

in a world of fame and praise,

But it's doing unpretentiously

in an undistinguished way.

The work that God assigned to us,

unimportant as it seems,

That makes our task outstanding,

and brings reality to dreams.

So do not sit and idly wish for wider,

new dimensions where you

can put into practice,

your many good intentions.

But at the spot God placed

you begin at once to do,

Little things to brighten up the

lives surrounding you.

If everybody brightened up

the spot where their standing,

By being more considerate,

 and a little less demanding.

This dark old world would

very soon Eclipse the evening star,

 If everybody brightened up

 the corner where they are!

I forgot to write down who wrote this so I’ll just say ‘unknown to me’.

Good Morning !

 It seems dull and dreary with out the shinny Christmas lights and the red bows and flowers around here. So I’m working on brightening up my corners. I have some colorful throws on the sofa and chairs and white table cloths and candles on the tables here at home.

At work we have those great fluorescent lights (ha ha) and there is not much I can do there. I do have a desk light that helps a little bit and a window right by my desk. But I think the real key is to let our own ‘light’ shine. Our attitude makes a big difference in how we feel and in how we make others around us feel.

You know I give everyone a ***Big Smile*** and once in awhile even get one back.

I hope you all are blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to brighten your corner today !

MA

 

There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter.

One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogues.

Hal Borland

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know i was thinking I d like to have some wintery type flowers in the house!!!!!!!!!! just to sit on my kitchen table you can see that ocming down the hall wayand in the door and the livinging

Anonymous said...

I agree with you; we need to let our light shine - there is so much darkness in this world that we need to spread as much of the light of the Lord as we can.

Have a blessed Wednesday!

betty

Anonymous said...

Hello there.  Just poppin in on my lunch time.  I need to head back into "my stack".  I vented with my boss in ATlanta today about the load.  She says Jan thru June are the easy months and that it will get better.  She said I was doing a good job.  I hope so.  I apologized for needing to vent, but told her I worry about "the stack".  
I guess I need to try not to worry and to try not to vent.  
LOL. Hope you have a good day and enjoy those seed catalogues?  What's it gonna be this year?  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Here's some smiles for you since you always make me smile. : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I have been getting some of those wonderful seed catalogs and have decided to make a list for my spring planting. So many beautiful plants in there this year. and you say its only 75 days away... yipee . Sandra