Wednesday, January 25, 2006

BRRRCHILL - COLD AND WINDY HERE

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 25

GOOD MORNING !

Some good news for today ...

the most depressing day of the year is done and over with.

When I got to work yesterday, the morning radio show I listen to said - JANUARY 24th is the MOST DEPRESSING DAY OF THE YEAR

Sooo...I did a little search to see what that was all about! Here are bits of the two articles I found

Arnall (British Psycologist) found that, while days technically get longer after Dec. 21, cyclonic weather systems take hold in January, bringing low, dark clouds to Britain. Meanwhile, the majority of people break their healthy resolutions six to seven days into the new year, and even the hangers-on have fallen off the wagon, torn off the nicotine patches and eaten the fridge empty by the third week. Any residual dregs of holiday cheer and family fun have kicked the bucket by Jan. 24.

People feel as if there is a shadow over them; with low light levels creating Seasonal Affective Disorder, holiday bills hitting the mailbox, and New Year's resolutions already broken, depression is rampant

So now we have no where to go but up ! More day light, more sunshine so now we can snap out of it!

***BIG SMILE ***

 Hope you are having a better , maybe even a really good, day today

May sunshine light up your world today and bring some smiles to warm your heart !

MA

 

Thought for today –

No matter how small, a smile on your face tells all

 

  www.graphicgarden.com   provided the graphics today !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH I hope there is more sun shine I hope with no winds!!!!!!!!!!! IM sick of hight winds all the time

Anonymous said...

I read that about January 24th being the most depressing day in some one else's journal too. It makes sense with the theory proposed in the article.

so at least we got that down; and now we can move on and enjoy the rest of the year and the wonderful gift it is from the Lord.

betty

Anonymous said...

Our news channel said Jan 23 was the worst day of the year.... we didn't know it was the 24th so we had a good day yesterday, lol  Have a good one, Sandra

Anonymous said...

I heard about that too. With me, I get down when we have too many rainy days in a row. I like rain but not weeks of rain.
Angela : )

Anonymous said...

Hi friend! I had a good day. Hope u did too. God bless, Beckie