Friday, April 13, 2007

Lessons Learned from the Spider

I paused last night on my porch to look at a garden spider weaving her web. I watched as she gently yet expertly wove the suspension lines and the lines which would entrap any insects unwary enough to wander into the gossamer treads.

She spent a great deal of time making sure everything was perfect before centering herself in the middle of her work. By morning, as the sun began to creep over the horizon, this spider moves to the fringes of her web, so carefully constructed the night before, and snips the supporting lines to let it fall to the ground.

She repeats this every day until the end of her life. The spider does not try to hold on to each day's work. Instead, she lets it fall away so that she may build anew each and every day. We should heed her lesson in our lives. Our past failures should not be dwelled on so that we can make room for the new opportunities of success.

Each new day brings with it renewed hope that where we failed yesterday, we will succeed today

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Here we are my favorite day of the week again and it’s Friday the 13th. It is usually a lucky day for me. Nothing unusual has ever happened on this date, it’s just that nothing bad has either.

I’m not terribly superstitious any way, but I do remember my grandmother was. She had a saying for everything and I think she really believed in them too. Once I was setting the table for dinner and dropped a fork. She said that means ‘company is coming’ and they did too !

I’m finishing up that good cup of coffee and heading off to work with a ‘smile’. It’s going to be a great day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Life itself cannot give you joy

Unless you really will it.

Life just gives you time and space

Its up to you to fill it.

Chinese Proverb

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah I did not realise it was the 13th. 13 is a lucky number for Jews. I love the spider lesson

Anonymous said...

You have yet again spun some lovely yarns in your entry today !..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh no....Is it Friday the 13th?  Oh no.  
LOL.
Usually we have happy Friday the 13th's and I hope this one is too.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I love the spider story!  Wow a lesson we all should remember! Have a lucky Friday the 13th!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment for my g'daughter.  I loved the spider story and so true.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I am glad I have only just realised its Friday the 13th!  Lovely entry.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

In our house growing up, if a fork fell we were told a man was stopping by and a spoon meant a woman....and you're right, they did. LOL!

Happy weekend to you,
Angela