Thursday, April 19, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 19

Another’s Tears

Let me not live a life that's free from

"The Things" that draw me close to you Thee -

For How can I ever hope to heal the wounds of others

I do not feel - If my eyes are dry and I never weep -

How do I know when the hurt is deep -

If my heart is cold and it never bleeds,

How can I tell what my brother needs -

For when my ears are deaf to the beggar's plea

And we close our eyes and refuse to see -

And we steel our hearts and harden our mind,

And we count it a weakness whenever we're kind -

We are no longer following THE FATHER'S WAY

or seeking His guidance from day to day -

For, without "crosses to carry" and "burdens to bear",

we dance through a life that is frothy and fair -

And "chasing the rainbow" we have no desire for

 "roads that are rough" and "realms that are higher" -

So spare me no heartache or sorrow, dear Lord -

For the heart that is hurt reaps the richest reward, -

and God enters the heart that is broken with sorrow -

As He opens the door to a - BRIGHTER TOMORROW,

For only through tears can we recognize

The suffering that lies in another's eyes---

by: Helen Steiner Rice

Good Morning !

Just a few thoughts this morning...

I do believe there is a BRIGHTER TOMORROW for each and everyone of us. In our world there is a lot of pain and sorrow, but we are blessed with a loving heavenly Father, who cares and loves us very much.

Friends and family far and near have so many cares it seems. I can only pray for them and do little else But I do believe that praying is often the very best thing I could possibly do.

Having faith, believing and trusting that is what is important and what enables us to go on.

Thought For Today

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow, and every day. Either he will shield you from suffering, or he will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

St. Francis de Sales

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ma ,enjoy today and tomorrow ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Lots of words in this posting i say every day of my life.It is such a lovely verse at the beginning of your post and my belief God sends all the heavy loads to those who can bare them and sees us through until they are lighter.I have had many many heavy loads to carry and without my faith in Gods help listening to me each day and every day .I myself couldn't have caried them.God is good.We reap our rewards.I hope you have a little sunshine in your life today and a few smiles to see you along your way.Take Care God Bless (Kath)
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

No its not just something to say prayer does really work. Sometimes the since of prayer is a good thing