Thursday, April 5, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 5

A small trouble is like a pebble.

Hold it too close to your eye and

it fills the whole world and

puts everything out of focus.

Hold it at proper viewing distance and

it can be examined and properly classified.

Throw it at your feet and

it can be seen in its true setting

just one more tiny bump

on the pathway to eternity.

Celia Luce

Good Morning !

Today is my last day of the work week. I have taken Good Friday as a day off for many many years. When the ‘babes’ were young and all at home, they would complain that unlike their friends we never went any place on our Easter Break.

So since we all had the day off we’d go exploring. Depending on the weather we’d go to the zoo, or take the rapid transit into downtown Cleveland, or go on a picnic at a State Park. We always had a grand time on our Spring Break day !

I might do a few things at home on Friday and I may just go exploring. The weather promises to be bitter cold so there will be no walks or picnics on the beach, but I’ll enjoy whatever I do.

Before I went to bed last night there was just enough snow on the ground to turn the grass white…but we know it won’t last . Spring has Sprung!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Do you have some tough problems to deal with? Cheer up! As long as they're not the identical problems you had a year ago, you must be making progress.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good friday'used' to be the most religeous day in the church calendar,we would be at church services ,and all the shops etc would be closed ,very different to now...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Here in England Good Friday and Easter Monday are usually a public holiday for most workers.The only people who work are the ones who choose to.So it gives them a lovely four day break.Well earned too I say.The sun is shining beautifully here today and glistening on the sea.I have just taken a few pictures from my window.I love the thought for today here in your posting,well worth remembering is that one,and so true..I do hope you enjoy your break even if snow is on the ground.I do not think I will be around on the computer for a few days after today.So have a Very Very Blessed Easter enjoy whatever comes your way and good health be yours and your family.I hope you get a few smiles and maybe who knows a little sunshine too.I will catch up on alerts as soon as I can after the break.Unless of course I rise early and get them all done.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

yes its too cold this year to do anything

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Good Friday holiday. I`m off too. :)
HUGS
Penny