Friday, April 6, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 6

One laugh burns 6 calories . . .

Laughing is jogging for your insides . . .

Laughing heartily 100 times a day has the same benefit as 10 minutes on a rowing machine . . .

If you want to know someone, just watch her laugh . . .

Laughter is to life what shock absorbers are to a car...

It doesn't take the potholes out of the road ,

but it sure makes the ride easier

Author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

With the return of winter here in Northern Ohio, I sure won’t be getting in my exercise this weekend. It is cold, slippery and did I say COLD out ? I love to walk when the weather is nice, but not now for sure.

Maybe I can burn a few calories laughing at myself today. It seems more and more lately I can find plenty of opportunities for laughing at something I.do, I rarely find much else to laugh about unless my grand’babes’ are around, so I make the most with what I have and that seems to be me and the critters. They do bring a few smiles sometimes, but they are nothing to laugh about.

It’s my vacation day and hopefully I’ll get a few things accomplished here at home. I really don’t want to venture out at all but DS#5 and his wife asked me to go along with them this afternoon to a craft store I’ve never been too.. It will be a little break away from the ‘house’ work.

Thought For Today

If you're only as old as you feel, how come I can't retire yet??

Robin Alumbaugh

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, go off to the craft store, I wouldnt be able to resist that offer ,keep laughing ,'Laugh and the world laughs with you ,cry and you cry alone '.Have a Blessed Easter dear Ma ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

ah tis good you laugh at your self. You know Im so tired of peole who get so cranky here latley . I kow the weather sucks and is to blame seemed like the short warm up was when everyone got cherry. this late winter hanging on is getting to everyone. so I love you can smile right thrut he gloom

Anonymous said...

It doesn't do to take yourself too seriously, a good laugh does us all good.  Where did you find the snow it's supposed to be spring.  We have a lovely sunny day here in the UK and they say it will stay the same over Easter. :-)
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the craft store. Careful out in that snow! We don`t have any on the ground here today, thankfully.
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry.  I hope you had a good time out today and got some nice crafty things.  Weather here in UK today was glorious sunshine.  Hugs, Terry x