Wednesday, April 18, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 18

The ones who miss all the fun

Are those who say,

"It can't be done."

In solemn pride they stand aloof

And greet each venture with reproof.

Had they the power they'd efface

The history of the human race.

We'd have no radio or motor cars,

 No street lit by electric stars;

No telegraph nor telephone,

We'd linger in the age of stone.

The world would sleep

if things were run

By those who say,

 "It can't be done."

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Here we are halfway through the workweek already. Hump Day. It does always seem that I’m climbing a mountain Mondays and Tuesdays and then by Wednesday I reach the peak and am ready to go over the hump.

We had a beautiful sunny day with some warmer temps yesterday and today looks to be warmer, but with a chance of rain. I’m so thankful to be a little warmer.

I had a nice visit with my two dulcimer buddies yesterday evening. We played very little dulcimer, but we talked and laughed a lot. These two friends and I have been getting together for well over 20 years now and we never run out of things to talk about.

Time to take those last sips of my good morning coffee and get ready once more I owe , I owe …so it’s off to work I go.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

God give me work,

till my life shall end

And life,

till my work is done.

Winifred Holtby's epitaph

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the children were small and they would say to me "I carn't Mum" I always stressed to them.There isn't such a word as carn't.It's true too.Just as it says here in  your post today.The world would cetainly sleep.If at first we don't succeed try and try again.We can.I am so happy it has been that little tad warmer for you.Happy too you have had a lovely get together with your old friends how lovely.Have a blessed day yourself hope you get plenty smiles along the way and the rain stays away.I love your tiny fish graphics today they are so cute.Take Care God Bless.(Kath)
Astoriasand http:/journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ah you are so right we had a lovely day yesterday

Anonymous said...

Just as Kath said we were forever hearing ,'there is no such word as cant ' ,I said it myself ,I always laugh when you sign off ''I owe Iowe'' lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

work...work...might as well enjoy it...it will be with us always!  Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Hope it was a good day and you didn't have to work too hard. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I hope it was a good day for you and the rest of the week will be good as well.  I love your attitude!  You just always make the best of things and never let it get you down. I sure wish I were more like you are.  You really inspire me.
Pam xoxoxox