Sunday, April 8, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 8

A little Easter story for you today…

As a little girl watches her mom prepare the Easter ham, she wonders why her mother cuts off both ends of the ham before putting it in the pot. So, she asks why, and her mom realizes that she doesn't know. That's the way her mother prepared the Easter ham.

So they call grandmother and pose the question about cutting off the ends of the Easter ham. Grandmother admits to not knowing either. She just prepared the ham the way her mom did it.

Their next call is to great-grandmother. When they ask her about her method of preparing the Easter ham, she laughs. Then she says, "It was the only way I could get the Easter ham to fit the small pot I had!"

The story behind a tradition needs to be told. there is a comforting familiarity in returning to traditions that you've loved most of your life

People associate Easter with family, religion, children and spring. Easter is viewed as an enjoyable, relaxing time to gather with family and friends – not pressured or rushed as some celebrations can be. Flowers, sunlight, colorful spring clothing, and nicer weather are all connected to perceptions of Easter and the start of spring, which symbolizes a new beginning.

GOOD MORNING

AND HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY TO YOU ALL !

This will be a quiet day for me, I’ll be off to church and some of my babes will be there to sit with me, but it is the day they celebrate with the other halves of their families. Next Sunday is our family celebration.

I’ve sent out all the out of town people’s Easter Baskets., except for DS#3 and his family, I’ll do that on Monday.(I just found out this past weekend that they can’t make it next Sunday)

I even sent DS#2 a Starbucks gift card as that is better than candy for him. His children are far away at their other grandparents’ now. They’ll be staying with them while there mom is going to school and then to her duty station. Military lives are so very different than anything we civilians can imagine.

I salute our military and pray for them every day, especially on holidays when they are far from home and family.

After church I’m to take communion to one of my DDH’s elderly aunts. She’s homebound and on this special day I’ll be church for her.

Then I’ll be home preparing for the big day here next weekend. I have some Easter decorations that need to go up and some baskets to fill for the grand’babes; that will be coming in next weekend.

My children always think they need to invite me to join them today, but I really don’t mind waiting a week to celebrate and I do have lots to do.What with work all week and only one day in the weekend to get things done, time is a precious commodity for me.

I do hope you are having a blessed holiday. I know that everyone doesn’t celebrate Easter and I send blessings to my Jewish friends that are celebrating Passover too.. I am a Christain and Easter is probably the most significant day of the year for us. It ‘s right there next to Christmas importance .

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE

I learnt from the EASTER BUNNY

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Walk softly and carry a big carrot.

Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.

There's no such thing as too much candy.

Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.

Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.

Keep your paws off other people's jelly beans.

Good things come in small sugar-coated packages.

The grass is always greener in someone else's basket.

An Easter bonnet can tame even the wildest hare.

To show your true colors you have to come out of your shell.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

A very Blessed Easter to you all !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ma I loved the story of the cutting of the ends of the ham ,so typical lol ,have a lovely day ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful day too. Passover is over BUT we are in th eweek of unleaven bread. YOU have no idea how glad I will be to have ............. bread in my house again. Monday night I get it back in my life and my home. lol silly isnt it how much a week wtihout bread does you. Well I cant wait for your family pics

Anonymous said...

Easter Blessings to you and yours.  Thanks for all the inspiration these past weeks of Lent.  I know exactly what you mean about military life as our daugther is married to a Marine.  We had an inch of snow here in Southern Maryland yesterday morning but it quickly disappeared after the sun came up.  Enjoy your day.  Love Phyllis

Anonymous said...

I love the story of the ham!  You are so right...we need to know the reasons!
Enjoy your day. Happy Easter!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I just put the ham in and the boys are watching cartoons waiting to open their baskets...
Have a nice quiet Easter preparing for all the festivities to come!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hope that you had a wonderful day today.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

Hope you have had a wonderful day today.
Take care.
Sonya