Sunday, April 29, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 29

Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying.

The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things.

Elise Boulding

After a visit to the beach, it's hard to believe that we live in a material world.

Pam Shaw

Good Morning !

Life can and does seem very unfair at times, but we need to realize it is not the possession of riches or the accomplishment of great things which make a great life, but the enjoyment of what God has given to you.

It is not the number of years but how much a person can objectively see God’s good hand in his life.

As I’m off to celebrate with part of my family today, I’m reminded about how very rich I am. Not in dollars, but in love and family and friends.

Today there will only be DS#5 and his wife and I traveling over to the party at DS#3’s house. The rest of my family is either already otherwise occupied for the day or too far away to come. I’ll miss not having them all together. It seems these important times in our live should be celebrated to fullest.

We’ll be joining DS#3 and his family at their church today and then back to their home. I will , as always, be saying a little prayer for all of you.

Thought for Today

The best things in life are nearest:

Breath in your nostrils,

light in your eyes,

flowers at your feet,

duties at your hand,

the path of right just before you.

Then do not grasp at the stars,

but do life’s plain, common work as it comes,

certain that daily duties and

daily bread are the sweetest things in life.

Robert Louis Stevenson

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks forthe prayers and that is alawys appreciated . so nice having  get together

Anonymous said...

Too true life is not all about riches.I do hope you have the most wonderful day.The riches that surround you today are priceless.Hope you get plenty smiles which I believe you will, and lots of sunshine too to make the day that little bit more special.Take Care.God Bless ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your time with your family.  Thank you for always saying prayers for us.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely day with your family today as I have with mine love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful day with your family - I know you will! By the way, I love Robert Louis Stevenson ... that poem is so true. I hope you`re having great weather. It`s so nice here today and you`re not that far away from me, so enjoy the sunshine!
Love ya xo
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh