Monday, April 23, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 23

Just as we fall beside the road,

Discouraged with life, bowed down with the load,

We lift our eyes, and what seemed a dead end

Is the street of dreams, where we meet a friend.

Helen Steiner Rice

The Lord lifts up the downtrodden. Psalm 147:6

GOOD MORNING !

I am thinking about friends this morning. Over the years I’ve met a lot of people and made a lot of friends. School friends, work friends, companions all on the journey. I’ve got quite a few internet friends too. I enjoy their e-mails and love their comments in my journals. I’ve also had friends that have died and friends that have I’ve lost touch with. But all of them in one way or another have deeply touched my life.

One of my online journal friends has decided to delete her journal and pursue other avenues of fulfillment and I will miss her words of wisdom. Hopefully she’ll keep in touch. But no matter she’ll be in my thoughts and prayers.

We all need friends to share our laughter and our dreams with and our sorrow and our pain. I am so thankful for my friends.

Today is Monday already.

It’s back to work I go…I owe, I owe.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Today and every day a friend is a gift from God

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes I miss several over the years who have quit journaling. One has told me she will be back to it soon she thinks. I really do hope so

Anonymous said...

I hate it when friends from JLand disapear without any explanation,I worry that they are ok? ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes today is Monday. Have a great day at work. I hate when my fellow j-landers leave. But, I know they have other things to do.

Anonymous said...

You are so right in the words you write here.I do hope your frined keeps in touch with you who has deleated her journal.She may be back who knows? Have a lovely day God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I couldn't ever stand to delete my journal and go on to other things.  It would tear me apart, but then some folks may not be attached to it like I am.  LOL.  
I'm visiting you at lunch today while eating a roast beef sandwich.  LOL.  Hope you have a wonderful day.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could ever delete my journal. I would have to print it all out first.  But, I enjoy it so much.  Hope you had a good day.
Pam