Wednesday, April 25, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 25

ON THE WINGS OF A PRAYER

Just close your Eyes and open your heart,

And feel your worries and cares depart.

Just yield yourself to the Father above,

And let him hold you secure in his love.

For life on earth grows more involved,

With endless problems that can't be solved,

But God only ask us to do our best,

Then he will take over and finish the rest...

So when you are tired, discouraged and blue,

There is always one door that is open to you,

And that is the door to The House of Prayer,

And you'll find God waiting to meet you there.

And The House of Prayer is no further away,

than the quiet spot where you kneel and pray.

For the heart is a temple when God is there

As we place ourselves in his loving care.

And he hears every prayer and answers each one

When we Pray in His name - Thy will be done.

The burdens that seemed too heavy to bear

Are lifted away on the wings of a prayer.

by: Helen Steiner Rice

A sign in a cotton factory read:

"If your threads get tangled, send for the foreman."

One day a new worker got her threads tangled. The more she tried to disentangle them, the worse the situation grew. Finally, she sent for the foreman. He asked, "Why didn't you send for me earlier?"

She replied, "I was doing my best." He answered, "No, your best would have been to send for me."

When we face a tough situation, our first response should be to ask for God's help. He longs to be our helper and to untangle the threads of our lives.

Good Morning !

I usually say a little prayer as I get out of bed each day. I know I’m going to need all the help I can get. So often we are troubled about things and forget to pray for help. Help is only a prayer away.

We had another beautiful day of sunshine yesterday, but for the next 3 days we are promised some rain. Warmer temps and lots of rain mean one thing here…the grass is going to grow and we’ll be mowing the lawn come the weekend. That is a job is one I like, much better than shoveling snow!

Thought for Today

Tomorrow I plan to work, work, from early until late. In fact, I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.

Martin Luther

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes mowing over shoveling anyday!!!!!!!!sometimes you just feel like your bugging GOD. BUT YET I KNOW he does not feel that way!

Anonymous said...

Once again the HSR poem is beautiful as are all her verses.The weather here has been rin for the last two days thouhg not heavy.Now th esun is just beginning to shine as I have read your posting .Thankyou for the sun .Or was that God answering one of your prayers for yoday maybe? I belive it could have been GOD IS GOOD.Please don't work too hard Oh! and the smell of newly cut grass is one of my favourites and a chore I loved too.Take Care Have a lovely day.I hope you too get a smile along the way and the sun shines for you.God Bless Kath .
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Ilike the cotton factory one ,how true ,Bring it to the Lord in Prayer ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

This entry really hit home with me. I really really need to remember to bring things to God more often.  
You always make me feel so good first thing in the morning.  You always teach me something. Thank you for that.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I was just outside and heard a lawnmower running and thought it was a wonderful sound. I think because it reminds me of green grass and the carefree days of sunshine and summer. And the smell of newly mown grass is like a perfume for the soul. Enjoy your sunshine.

Anonymous said...

I really like the "thread" thought.  It surely explains what happens when we wait!