Monday, April 16, 2007

Count Your Blessings

Today I stood at my window and cursed the pouring rain,

Today a desperate farmer prayed for his fields of grain

My weekend plans are ruined,

it almost makes me cry

While the farmer lifts his arms and blesses the clouded sky.

The alarm went off on Monday and I cursed my work routine,

Next door a laid-off mechanic feels

the empty pockets of his Jeans.

I can't wait for my vacation, some time to take for me,

He doesn't know tonight how he'll feed his family.

I cursed my leaky roof and the grass I need to mow,

A homeless man downtown checks

for change in the telephone.

I need a new car, mine is getting really old,

He huddles in a doorway, seeking shelter from the cold.

With blessings I'm surrounded,

the rain, a job, a home,

Though my eyes are often blinded

by the things I think I own.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN

GOOD MORNING !

I did have a wonderful Sunday celebration with my family. By the time we got out of church the sun peeped through. The snow we dreaded went else where and even though it was cool and windy we were able to get outside for a little egg hunt for the 3 grand’babes’ that were able to come .

For some reason, I got a lot of blurry pictures and only managed to have just a few good ones. I’ve never had that happen before so I really don’t know what happened. I just hope it doesn’t happen again.

It is Monday, already, and back to work I go.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You pay God a compliment by asking great things of Him.

Teresa of Avila

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes you can fix the pics in a photo shop thing. expecialy if they are not too blurry. Looks like you guys had some fun and you had SUN how the heck did you not share that with us this weekend ???? LOL OH well I guess you needed a dry sunny day more than we did since you had a get together. We had wind RAIN and COLD all weekend it was aweful. they have yet again temped us saying we will geta slow warm up this week. BUT they said that last week

Anonymous said...

I love that poem today.  Do you think you might have accidentally set your camera for closeup?  I've done that before, and it makes for blurry pictures.

Anonymous said...

so glad you got to have your egg hunt.  I wish the sun would make an appearance here. Loved the poem.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures and an easter egg hunt too....
I'm back to work tomorrow, oops no grumbling, lol...
Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter celebration!  Have a good Monday!
Pam

Anonymous said...

i am sorry you were dissapointed at the blurry pics.Not to worry what you did show us are marvelous.I just love the one of princess with her basket of eggs and the  prince with his monkey .Too cute they are all so lovely.What a beautiful family to be proud of.I am so happy that little bit of sunshine I prayed would reach you did so.Even if only a tiny bit hone through .The verse above I like so much too.I hope you had a good day at work,if there is such a thing.Take care loved the pictures.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

How lovely to see you all ,A really happy family all pleased to be together ....Love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Awww, you have a lovely family! Sorry all your pics didn`t turn out but I enjoyed these that you posted.
Hugs...
Penny