Saturday, April 28, 2007

CHAPTER 4, PAGE 28

We do not stop playing because we grow old;

We grow old because we stop playing .

Never Be The First To Get Old! ,

Joy does not simply happen to us.

We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day. It is a choice based on the knowledge that we belong to God and have found in God our refuge and our safety and that nothing, not even death, can take God away from us. Joy is the experience of knowing that you are unconditionally loved and that nothing--sickness, failure, emotional distress, oppression, war, or even death--can take that love away.

Henri Nouwen

Good Morning !

I hope my collection of inspirational sayings helps you to live a happier and more rewarding life. I take a few minutes out of my day just to relax and enjoy the beauty and wisdom of these quotations! Not only can it change your life, it makes you feel better

Studies show that optimistic people have better health mentally and physically, Stress and unhappiness often cause health problems so it makes good sense to be happy.

A comment I often see in my journal is that I have a good attitude. It has not been very easywork to get to the point of my life where almost every day is a joy. I do put some effort into it. I’m only human and I expect there will be a few days in my life that I’m still going to have trouble finding something to count as a blessing .

But today I can SMILE and today is what is important. I will make the very most of this day. It is a gift to be treasured. A dear friend sent a note the other day with this quote at the bottom of it "We are here. It is now. Welcome to the here and now."

Thought for Today

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.

Author Unknown

The graphic of grand’ma’ on the computer today came in an e-mail from a friend and I just couldn’t resist putting it my journal . I’m off to spend the day at Dad’s and tomorrow (Sunday) is a party at DS#3’s house so I hope to have some pictures for you come Monday. Our Pumpkin’ is being baptized and Our Angel is having a birthday. Two celebrations in one day!

Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness

Life's Little Instruction Calendar, 1999

May your daybe blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 


Tags: , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one appreciate the work you put into finding these gems of wisdom each day ,and enjoy/learn and benefit from them ,and yes admire your positive attitude ,dont forget to give your Dad his hug from me here in the UK  love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

you are inspirational, keep sharing those good words.  Enjoy your Sunday!
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I love your daily sayings

Anonymous said...

I love coming to your journal and yes I  love the quotations and everything you write.Even down to the pretty graphics you always use.The Grandma on the computer I used to have too it is very apt for us LOL!!How lovely a double celebration for you to attend ENJOY hope you get lot of smiles and sunshine too for the perfect day.Looking forward to seeing the pictures as always.Take Care God Bless.Have a fantastic time.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

All your words are so wise and true.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend with your family! and your journal always makes me smile....
Linda :)