Friday, September 30, 2005

FINALLY FRIDAY - TGIF

 

                                

 

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain so yellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a young and a callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow--follow, oh-oh


Try to Remember, Lyrics by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt                                        

 

  

 

 GOOD MORNING !

 

Not so long ago I was mom of seven children at home, who had lots of time for walks in the park, putting leaves in books for pressing, roasting marshmallows on a campfire, and telling ghost stories...

 

Now that I’m a Grand’ma’ and getting older I’m amazed at all the time I used to have and all the things I did back then.  They were such fun and rewarding days !

 

I’m definitely slowing down and from all I hear about our Autumn days of life, they are supposed to be so very grand

 

It’s a time to take life easier and do what we enjoy more. That is one thing I need to REMEMBER !

 

 ***BIG SMILE***

 

Autumn blessings to you all today !

 

MA

 

 

 

Lord, make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that dog syaing on a pillow. it says I wnat to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am LOL Im not liking hte autum of life. I hear young moms complain about life and I want to say your little ones lives are inyour four walls. wiat til they get older and its out side the four walls that is a busy time. the in home time is wonderful the out of home time is a sad time. I miss the days of little ones and making crafts. I really do.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of reality. I'm 58 and easily deflate! Was like you, never thought I would be any different. Must have had my brain in my boots. Keep laughing.
Sylvia x
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/