Thursday, September 29, 2005

'THANKFULLY' THURSDAY !

Why is it that so many of us persist in thinking that autumn is a sad season?
Nature has merely fallen asleep,

and her dreams must be beautiful
if we are to judge by her countenance.

 

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

 

GOOD MORNING !

 

 

Fall is a beautiful season, even when the colder weather comes and the sun becomes a little sparse.  It gives us a chance to cook and bake some things we haven’t had all summer and I for one love a big bowl of Chili when it gets cold.

This weekend I’m traveling down to the Ohio Renaissance Festival .  Some, but not all of my family will be there and we’ll spend the day together.  I think this annual event has been going on for about 10 years now.  They have the most awesome Chili Bread Bowls, which I will have for lunch when we get there. 

 

 

 

I’ll be having pictures to post for you all to see on Sunday

It is rainy weather here today – so I’ll be making my own ‘sunshine’

I hope your day is a SUNNY one TOO!

 

 

***BIG SMILE***

 

MA

 

 

 fall graphics by:

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine thinking of fall as a sad season.  It's the most beautiful season, to me at least.  I love the cooler temps, it's refreshing and energizing.  Have a wonderful time at the festival, I look forward to see your pics! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh this festival sounds fun....I love chili.  It will soon be time to make that here.

Anonymous said...

They keep promising rain and we get a few sprinkles but nothing to help our dryness here in ky. we are having chilie this weekend it has fianllly cooled down middle of the night but we do have some gusty winds.

Anonymous said...

Sending you a few extra rays of sunshine. Enjoy your trip.
Sylvia
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

Will have to make our own sunshine here as well in Beautiful British Columbia. Raining here too. I have enjoyed reading your journal and wish you a wonderful weekend in Ohio. The chili bowl sounds darned good.

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!
I like clam chowder in a bread bowl... MMMMM...
Linda :)