Sunday, September 25, 2005

SUDDENLY SUNDAY

 

The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold....
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sunburned hands, I used to hold
Since you went away, the days grow long
And soon I'll hear ol' winter's song.
But I miss you most of all my darling,
When autumn leaves start to fall
.

-  Johnny Mercer, lyrics, Autumn Leaves

 

GOOD MORNING !

I slept in a bit this morning as it was after midnite when I got home from the reception.

With all the wedding activities of the last 2 days, my Sunshine Babes were worn out and will be glad to be sleeping in their own beds tonite. 

It was a hugh wedding party and reception. They had to have two head tables for the wedding party.  That's the first time I've seen that. 

About 9:30 the 'babes' and I went to their room and I put them to bed while their mom and dad enjoyed some dancing and visiting their friends.  Of course Grand'ma' took a little nap too!  

They'll be leaving for home this morning and I'll be making the adjustment to the QUIET  all over again.

 

I'm off to church this morning - it's bless your spirit day ! 

 

***BIG SMILE***

May our dear Lord bless you !

MA

 

 P.S.  I was tagged by http://journals.aol.com/bookncoffee/MySouthernHome/

to tell what my 5th sentence in my last entry was....

I just looked and it was:

The butterflies I used to chase

part of the poem about summer ending...

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appears I did the tag thing wrong, but it was fun either way.  LOL.  I think we were supposed to find the 23rd entry of our journals and not the 23rd entry of September, in which I had deemed as "yesterday" being that at the time it was the 24th.  See my mind looks at things so differently than everyone elses. I require specifics or I will totally assume something totally different than everyone else.  LOL.
So 23rd journal entry or 23rd of September entry....regardless it was still fun.  LOL.
Glad you had a good time with wedding festivities.  Hope you get some good rest and relaxation in today.  Not much R & R for me.  Church in the a.m., church picnic in the p.m. Groceries, laundry, cleaning, and cooking for the picnic in b/w.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

cool sentesnce you got to post I did not even have a fifth LOl well anyway sure hope it cools down like they keep syaing this wek. suppose to becloudy and cooler today suppose to be