Thursday, August 3, 2006

CHAPTER 8,PAGE 3

RECIPE FOR THE SOUL

Fold two hands together,

And express a dash of sorrow;

Marinate it overnight,

And work on it tomorrow.

 Chop one grudge in tiny pieces

Add several cups of love,

Dredge with a large-sized smile,

Mix in ingredients from above.

Dissolve the hate within you,

By doing a good deed;

Cut in and help your friend,

If he or she should be in need.

Stir in laughter, love and thankfulness,

From the heart it has to come;

Toss with genuine kindness,

then share with folks who may need some.

The amount of people served,

Will all depend on you ...

This recipe can feed an entire world,

If you really want it to!

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Today is supposed to be the cool down. Showers are coming through our area and with it some cooler temps.

I had a long 10 hours day at work yesterday and was busy the whole time. I don’t know what today is supposed to bring, hopefully only 8 ! Anyway today I get to spend the boss’s money, and that’s sorta fun to do. I’m accounts payable, receiveable, payroll, etc. What ever needs done – I do it.

Somedays I’m just like that old snapdragon --

Half of me has snapped and the other have is draggin….

Thought for Today

Consider the hourglass; there is nothing to be accomplished by rattling or shaking; you have to wait patiently until the sand, grain by grain, has run from one funnel into the other.

John Christian Morgenstern

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart!

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup I be snapping and dragging most days lately with the heat. they say a cool down and I sure hope so

Anonymous said...

Do not know about the snapping but I am certainly dragging.  Have a good day at work.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love the recipe at the beginning. It's always fun spending other peoples money. LOL. Hope you have a good Friday.

Anonymous said...

Like that snap draggon comment.  LOL