Monday, August 28, 2006

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 28

Give us reassurance

When everything goes wrong

So our faith remains unfaltering

And our hope and courage strong.

Helen Steiner Rice

Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!

Psalm 31:24

GOOD MORNING !

Back to work here !

Last night it was dark out a little after 8:00. By the time 8:30 rolled around I felt like I was ready for bed…YAWN! I am seriously affected by the number of daylight / sunlight hours we get. Of course my age might have something to do with it - - but then age is only a matter of how old you feel…

I was totally lazy yesterday. Did a little shopping after church, made BLT’s for my Sunday dinner and put one aside for lunch today too.

My neighbor gave me some of her tomatoes from the garden and they are delicious. DD and her hubby have been making fresh tomato juice from their tomatoes and DS#1 said they made tomato sauce and some bread and butter pickles from his garden.

We’ll hope they send some of that good stuff my way !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I know that love is the most powerful, indestructible force and substance in the universe. For this reason, I call love the brick from which all of life is constructed.

I also believe laughter is the mortar which holds the bricks together. If love weren't a part of the creative, intelligent energy that many refer to as God, we would never have developed our ability to heal.

Bernie Siegel, MD The Most Important Thing I Know About Love

May you be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes it semed to darken earlier last night than before

Anonymous said...

yep it's getting dark here early too. I'm ready for bed when I wake up for work. LOL. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing Sunday.