Monday, August 21, 2006

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 21

HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY – AOL JOURNALS

Somewhere between...

Somewhere between the procrastination...

and the home life....

and the incessant forwards...

and the friendships...

and the calls to each other complaining about LIFE...

Somewhere between the phone calls to old friends...

And the "I miss yous" & the "I love yous"...

And the "What are we doing tonights?"...

And somewhere between all of the aging, changing, growing...

Somewhere between the everyday life...

And the daydreams... And the sleepless nights...

And the naps because of the sleepless night...

I forgot.

I forgot what growing up is all about.

I forgot what it meant to cry...

I forgot that pretending to be happy

doesn't make you happy...

And that pretending to be smart

doesn't make you smart...

I forgot that you can't just forget the past

 in fear of the future...

I forgot that you can't control falling in love...

And that you can't make yourself fall in love...

I learned that I can love...

I learned that it's okay to mess up...

And it's okay to ask for help...

And it's okay to feel like crud...

I learned. I learned it's okay to complain

and whine to all your friends for a whole day...

I learned that sometimes the things you want most

you just can't have.

I learned that the BEST PART OF LIFE

IS NOT GETTING AHEAD;

It's the friendships, which means taking chances.

I learned that sometimes the things

we want to forget are the things

which we most need to talk about...

I learned that letters from friends

are the most important things...

and that sending cards to your friends

makes you feel better.

But, basically, I just learned that my friends...

both old and new...

are the most important people to me in the world.

Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today...

AUTHOR UNKNOWN

GOOD MORNING !

All over J-land today we’re celebrating the 3rd anniversary of AOL Journals. I am thankful for the time I’ve spent journaling and being a part of a great group of people . .

A whole other world opened up after I started my journal. It was originally just meant to be a place to keep in touch with my family. Now my ‘family ‘of journalists extends from coast to coast and over the ocean too !

I can’t even begin to express what the world of journaling has done for me. Most of all I’ve found out that there are a whole lot of caring people out there. They are wonderful.

So thanks AOL – without you I’d never have been able to meet them.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

We may not have it all together

But together we have it all !

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Ma

 

Graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was a great celebration last night. the chat room was wonderful but busy very busy

Anonymous said...

yes journals are nice aren't they.... I love all the people I journal with. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Friend!!
Have a great Monday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way you do about my friends in J-Land!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I love J-land and am so happy that we have met through journaling. Have a great day.