Thursday, August 17, 2006

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 17

We do not understand Joy

-- until we face sorrow;

Faith

-- until it is tested;

Peace

-- until faced with conflict;

Trust

-- until we are betrayed;

Love

-- until it is lost;

Hope

-- until confronted with doubts.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I had a nice walk around the town square and back home again yesterday evening. The weather here so far this week has been wonderful ! I know I’m going to really miss these walks when it gets dark out at 6:00 and I’m house bound again.

That won’t be for a little while yet so I’d best make the most of these wonderful summer days.

In just one more week we’ll be having our county fair and in two more weeks school will be starting here. We have several teachers in the family and I know they are counting the days they have left of summer too !

I didn’t have much of a summer vacation, but I still have a few treasured days left that I’ll be taking here and there. Labor day weekend I’ll take one to make a four day weekend . I’m thinking I do need one.

Thought for Today !

If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way.

Mark Twain

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah its nice to enjoy the sun up a little longer for now

Anonymous said...

Yes, winter will be here all too soon. As soon as we hit September it seems no time until Christmas is upon us.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I'm happy  you enjoyed your walk. I know before to long it will be cold and dark. Yuck. I think it will be nice to have a 4 day weekend for sure. I go back to work next week and the kids start school next week. Should be fun while everyone get's back in the swing of things.