Wednesday, August 2, 2006

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 2

 

An old man turned to me and asked,

"How many friends have you?"

 "Why, ten or twenty friends have I," and I named off just a few. He smiled a knowing smile at me and sadly shook his head,

"How lucky you must be to have so many friends," he said. "But think of what you're saying. There's so much that you don't know!

A friend is just not someone to whom you say 'Hello'! A friend's a tender shoulder on which to softly cry,

A well to pour your troubles down and raise your spirits high.

A friend's a hand to pull you up from darkness and despair,

When all your other so-called 'friends' have helped to put you there!

A true friend is an ally who can't be moved or bought,

A voice to keep your name alive when others have forgot.

But most of all a friend's a heart, a strong and sturdy wall,

For from the hearts of friends there comes the greatest love of all!

So think of what I've spoken, for every word is true.

And answer once again, my child, how many friends have you?"

And then he stood and faced me, awaiting my reply.

I smiled at him and answered, "At least ONE friend have I!"

Thanks for being MY FRIEND!

 Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Over the Hump day !

I thought I was never going to find my August purse , but yesterday I got a lunch hour at work so I went shopping !

I found it at A.J.Wright which is a store a lot like T.JMaxx . The purse was $9 and the wallet $5 so I really got a good deal. It doesn’t take much to make me happy. I love finding things that bring a SMILE or two.

Thought for Today

Fear grows out of the things we think; it lives in our minds. Compassion grows out of the things we are, and lives in our hearts.

Barbara Garrison

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a cute purse I got one monday myself it is very retro and reminds me of the 70's adn its suede kind of fall like

Anonymous said...

Pleased you got yourself a bargain buy and I love it! As ever, your journal is so pretty and inviting. A friend like you is a friend indeed.
Love Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Your August purse is very pretty!!! I got a new one too.... It's all orange.... I like getting new purses but now I wonder what to do with all the ones I already have. LOL  Glad its cooling off. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry as always.  Glad you got your August purse, how pretty!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

well it looks like you got a great deal on your purse and wallet. Smile and hope your hump day went good.

Anonymous said...

Cute purse and wallet!! I'm lovin your purse of the month...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you found an August purse.  
Now next year, you'll have all 12 purses.  Surely you will stop buying and just switch out every month?  LOL.
Sonya