Friday, August 25, 2006

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 25

JOYFUL THINGS

At times I'm so discouraged

with problems of the day

I fail to see the joyful things

that are along the way.

When troubles overwhelms me,

it's then my nerves may fray.

That's when I need to take the time

to simply sit and pray.

Reflecting on God's many gifts,

it makes me so aware...

Of all the joy in little things

around me everywhere!

I must try to remember...

though problems come my way,

Not to miss the joyful things

and the beauty of the day.

author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It is finally FRIDAY !

I forgot to post the pictures of Our Princess going off to school earlier this week . She is a big 1st grader this year. It’s a little scary having to be in school a full day and eating lunch there too!

I also got a picture of the Sunshine Boys in their Grandma and Grandpa shirts so I put them up for you to see. They do have a Grampa because of DDIL#4’s parents. That is a blessing for them.

I’m sure by next week I’ll be having more back to school pictures as our Star will start 1st grade too and our Sweetheart and our Sunshine Boy will start preschool.

I’m so thankful for the internet – it keeps me in touch even when I can’t be there to celebrate their special days.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Do what you do

With a will and a smile

And whatever you do

Will be twice as worthwhile.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the internet is a wonderful way to share family and friends I m so glad you have this to do this

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics.  A big milestone when they start school, I know Becky will miss the boys.  Nathan starts nursery school in a couple of weeks.  I do not know what I would do without the internet, I consider all my journal friends to be my extended family.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

the pictures of your grandchildren are just darling... did you print them out?  Hope you have a nice day and get a little time on you feet today, LOL It looks like we will be having rain again today but we need it. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures all the grandkids are so cute. I remember sending my kids off to first grade. They sure grow fast.

Anonymous said...

Enjoying all the back to school pictures!
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I just love the expression on "little ray's" face.  Precious.