Friday, August 11, 2006

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 11

I have heard there are troubles

of more than one kind.

Some come from ahead

and some come from behind.

But I've bought a big bat.

I'm all ready you see.

Now my troubles are going

to have troubles with me!

~Dr. Seuss

GOOD MORNING

It’s Friday once again – my favorite day of the week.

Yesterday evening I had 3 nice telephone calls…

#1 I called DD. She said her hubby got the cast off his hand that he had hurt at work and they were happy that he should have the full use of his hand after some therapy.

# 2 Our Princess called to let me know she finally lost the tooth that’s been trying to come out for a month now. I know that when I saw them at the campsite, she couldn’t even bite into a sandwich because it hurt. Now she can put that tooth in her ‘TOOTH FAIRY’ pillow. ***BIG SMILE*** She said she would ask her mom to send me a picture of hole she has in her mouth !

#3 DS #6 called. He and his wife are celebrating their 1st wedding anniversary this weekend. They had hoped to get away someplace for the weekend, but are staying at home and doing some local things to celebrate.

After that I did get out for the evening walk. We walked a couple of blocks further than usual. The exercise is good for me

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Do not hope wholly to reason away your troubles;

do not feed them with attention,

and they will die imperceptibly away.

Fix your thoughts upon your business,

fill your intervals with company,

and sunshine will again break in upon your mind.

Samuel Johnson

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart

MA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got hot here yesterday but suppose to cool back down. we had a tornado in our town itwas a lu lu of a storm.
lvoe thesuss poem. So nice your family keeps in touch with youo

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a lot of nice family stuff going on. Good for the princess for losing her tooth. How exciting. I remember when my kids lost there teeth. They sure loved the tooth fairy.