Sunday, August 27, 2006

CHAPTER 8, PAGE 27

Lead me this day, Lord,

to live fully in the present moment

and enjoy all that is good around me.

May all that is life-giving remind me

of your life and love that surround me now.

I sat at the door at eventide,

My heart was full of fears:

And I saw the landscape before me lie

Through mists of burning tears-

I thought of myself, The world is dark,

No light or joy I see;

Nothing but toil or want is mine,

And no one cares for me.

A sparrow was twittering at my feet,

With its beautiful auburn head,

And looked at me with dark, mild eyes

As it picked up crumbs of bread;

And said to me in words as plain

As the words of a bird could be:

"I'm only a sparrow, a worthlessbird,

But the dear Lord cares for me."

A lily was growing beside the hedge,

Beautiful, tall and white,

And it shone through the glossy leaves of green

Like an angel clothed in light;

And it said to me as it waved its head,

On the breezes soft and free:

"I'm only a lily, a useless flower,

But the Master cares for me."

Then it seemed that the hand of the loving Lord

Over my head was laid, And He said to me:

"O faithless child, Why art thou dismayed?

I clothe the lilies, I feed the birds,

I see the sparrows fall;

Nothing escapes my watchful eye

My kindness is over all.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It’s R& R day !

You know I always get refreshed and renewed every Sunday by going off to church, I hope that you too have found some special way to get that R & R for your soul – we all need it.

I’ll be praying for all of you and thanking our dear Lord for YOU !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Cheerful thoughts like sunbeams

Lighten up the darkest fears

For when the heart is happy

There’s just no time for tears.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Ma

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sundays have the opposit affect on me. All the socialization wears me out adn monday morn IM busted wasted and moving slowly

Anonymous said...

I love your postings with the inspirational poems.  When you are in church I hope you remember to say a little prayer for me.

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your Sunday and now get getting ready for the rest of the week. THank heaven we have the weekend to rest.