Saturday, June 10, 2006

Moments...

I may never see tomorrow;

there's no written guarantee

And things that happened

yesterday belong to history.

I cannot predict the future,

I cannot change the past,

I have just the present moments,

I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely

for it soon will pass away,

And be lost forever,

as part of yesterday.

I must exercise compassion,

help the fallen to their feet,

Be a friend unto the friendless,

make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today

may never be undone,

And friendships that I fail to win

may nevermore be won.

I may not have another chance,

on bended knees to pray,

And I thank God with a humble heart

for giving me this Day !

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

I did get some pictures of Grand ‘ babe’ # 11 so I thought I’d share them with you. He is so precious! Tiny and fragile and such a blessing !

This morning I’m up with the birds and you know they do get up early. I’ve lots I’d like to get done today and love being at home.

If my dreams came true – I’d be a stay at home Grand’ma’ who’d do lots and lots of things with her grandchildren and children. I’d bake and cook all kinds of good things and sit and rock babies and tell stories and …..

Well, we all know I’m not that person. The person in my dreams doesn’t exist. I work 7-4 every week day and catch up at home on the weekends and once in awhile , if I am so blessed I get a visit or go to visit some of my family.

Those moments are so treasured by me that I can’t even begin to tell you.how happy they make me. I do love my family. They aren’t perfect, I know, but they are mine and I’ll always be their ‘ma’ – imperfect grand’ma’ that I am.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

What is one to say about June,

the time of perfect young summer,

the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months,

and with as yet no sign to remind one

that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont think there is a perfect grandma but your a darn good one. well your knew grandchild can be your sun or your sky or something like that

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww..... Congratulations to the whole family!!!!
And you're a great grandma!!!
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh a cute new grandbaby.  I know you are proud.  
Yes, these days, I'm wishing I was a "stayathome" Mom.  LOL.  Work is driving me crazy.  But I don't think I would do very well at home.  I need the outside challenge to keep my brain busy.  
Have a good Sunday.  I better take Tugie out side one more time and head to bed.  
Sonya