Monday, June 26, 2006

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 26

SHOULD YOU…

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Should you find it hard to get to sleep tonight;

Just remember the homeless family who has no bed to lie in.

Should you find yourself stuck in traffic; don't despair.

There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work;

Think of the man who has been out of work for the last three months.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad;

Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend;

Think of the woman in some third world country, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week, for $15.00 to feed her family.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance;

Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror;

Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering; what is life all about, what is my purpose?

Be thankful, there are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities;

Remember, things could be worse. You could be them!!!

Should you feel depressed because of your weight;

Remember, there is no cure for AIDS.

GOOD MORNING !

It is the truth…. No matter what circumstances we are in there is always something or someone that is worse off.

So…I’m counting my many blessings this morning and going off to work pretty soon. I have my good cup of coffee and am waking up rather slowly.

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day and the sun was shining ! The weekend is always too short, but I’m not complaining. This will be a short work week – only 4 days !

Thought for today

We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.

Lloyd Alexander

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have beem cathing up on your entries. you know  I look forward to Todd retiring like the person at your work and some days I m not s sure. I fear he will be board. I raelly tell you waht you say in your entry someone worse off last night at the er sure showed me that. I also have come to the conclusion that yeah that is a horrible job behind the counter and I would not want it but they sure need some compassion!!!!!!!! I tell you its so hard on familes when a loved one is hurt and they reallybe come hardened to the fact that you are out there and yoru child in there and there is ntohing worse than that. almost four hours in x rayand to not hear a thing!!!! I was really feeling blessed

Anonymous said...

have a great week. Smile.