Tuesday, June 20, 2006

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 20

CAN WE LAUGH AT OURSELVES?

Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft... Today, it's called golf !

Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age, and start bragging about it..

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.

I've traveled a long way...and some of the roads weren't paved.

When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

You know you are getting old ...when everything either dries up or leaks.

One of the many things no one tells you about aging, is that it is such a nice change from being young.

One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.

Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

Old age is when former classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald, they don't recognize you.

If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you are old.

First you forget names, then you forget faces. Then you forget to pull up your zipper, then....

Oh my goodness you forgot to pull your zipper down!

If you jog in a jogging suit, and lounge in lounging pajamas,, WHY would anyone want to wear awind breaker?? Hmm?

And best of all...I don't know how I got over the hill, without getting to the top.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Another day to rise and shine and thank the good Lord for it ! I’m off to work and smiling this morning !

What is not to smile about? I’m in good health, the car started, I have a job to go to and the sun is shining !

Sometimes I let myself get down about having to work and that’s just not right…I am so blessed by what I do have and forget to be thankful. So maybe today I’ll remember the lessons I’ve learned and count my blessings.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Just living is not enough said the butterfly,

one must have sunshine,

freedom and a little flower

Hans Christian Anderson

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart

MA

 

Cute monkeys provided by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes having a job is a blessing. love your things at the top. Im not to the bragging yet lol about my age lol

Anonymous said...

You have a great day and keep smiling.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending me the sunshine today; have enjoyed this entry and its humour. Take care my friend.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs... :)
Happy first day of summer!!
Will be a 107 here by the end of the week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I need to remember my blessings too, especially on Wednesday's after the weekly adjuster calls in which I've not hired fast enough.  LOL.