Thursday, June 8, 2006

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 8

Ten Rules for Happier Living

1. Give something away (no strings attached).

2. Do a kindness (and forget it).

3. Spend a few minutes with the aged (their experience can be priceless guidance).

4. Look intently into the face of a baby (and marvel).

5. Laugh often (it is life's lubricant).

6. Give thanks (a thousand times a day is not enough).

7. Pray (or you will lose the way).

8. Work (with vim and vigor).

9. Plan as though you will live forever (because you will).

10. Live as though you will die tomorrow

(because you will die on some tomorrow).

William Moses Tidwell

GOOD MORNING !

Summer mornings are wonderful to wake up to.

No snow to shovel, no brrrchills, just fresh air and sunshine to start the day.  It's been daylight before I even go out the door at 6:30 in the morning.

The longer days also let us enjoy the evening more and although I haven't had time to spend in my porch swing , it's there ready and waiting for me.

I'm like one of those fish in the graphics today, just really enjoying the temperatures we've been having. Not quite tropical but warm.

Once again I’m dilly dallying when I should be getting ready for work. So... I owe, I owe, Its off to work I go!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year. It brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul.

Billy Graham

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes it is nice to have warm days th emornings have been a bit cool but the days are nice

Anonymous said...

96 degrees here these days...
Maybe down to the 80's on Monday...
Have a great rest of the work week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I love summer too and waking up to birds chirping.