Tuesday, June 27, 2006

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 27

SPECIAL THOUGHTS

Wisdom is knowing when to speak your mind and when to mind your speech.

Honesty pays, but not enough for some people.

Experience teaches us that there is a small but important difference between keeping your chin up and sticking your neck out.

Caution: Do not ask for advice, you might get it.

A lot of trouble in this world is caused by combining a narrow mind with a wide mouth.

The trouble with being punctual is that no one notices it when you are.

A family man is one who replaces the money in his wallet with snapshots of the wife and kids.

The man who knows how, will always find a place in life, but the man who knows why, will probably be his boss.

Some people hold the key to the situation, and then are too lazy to turn it.

The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.

A successful man is one who can earn more money than his family can spend.

The peak years of mental activity are between the ages of four and eighteen. At four they know all the questions, at eighteen they know all the answers.

He who laughs last probably intended to tell the story himself.

The early fish gets hooked for the same thing the early bird gets credit for.

There is nothing remarkable about love at first sight. It's when people have been looking at each other for years that it becomes remarkable.

There is just as much horse sense as ever, but it seems like the horses have it all.

Love is oceans of emotions surrounded by expanses of expenses.

Luck is a lazy person's estimate of a worker's success.

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.

A lot of people are smarter than they look, . . .and they ought to be.

No one is as busy as the person who has nothing to do.

Say what you will about the devil, ...he's a hustler.

Get to know your neighbors; you might just like them.

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.

GOOD MORNING !

I made it through Monday so the rest of the week should be clear sailing ! It’s been really quiet at my house lately. I get the feeling that I step into an oasis when I get home.

There is no one to disagree with me, no one that gripes or complains, and no one that cares if I spend an hour or two on the computer instead of fixing dinner.

I do feed the critters and they are always happy to see me, but after that…I’m on my own. Believe me, after a day at work, it is my own little bit of heaven here.

I know I’m quite spoiled , but living on my own certainly would have never have been my choice, if I’d had that choice to make. It’s probably a good thing that I go off to work each day, otherwise home might not look as good as it does.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Praise, when used sparingly, retains an everlasting value.

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart

MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your imagery of "stepping into an oasis" when you get home. I feel that way too because , by choice, I live on my own. My own little private world and I do what I want when I want. A person does need to get out once in a while, if even to go to work, but I live for the time I get to go home again to my peace and quiet and my own little "oasis".  I feel very spoiled and very selfish, but love every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

I nbet it does make your home seem peaceful being alone and you do aprpeciate it by working more.

Anonymous said...

sometimes I'm sure it's so nice just to come home to a quiet house. Happy you made it through Monday and Hump day is here.