Sunday, June 4, 2006

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 4

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT SUMMER?

The smell of summer bouquets

Old fashioned picnics in the park

Watching clouds and sailboats float by

Sandals and sunglasses

Coconut scented suntan lotion and beach towels

Gone fishin'

Boat rides

Forth of July fireworks

The smell of a backyard BBQ

Fresh berries on ice cream

Butterflies fluttering freely

A cold lemonade on an old porch swing

Napping in a hammock with a pleasant breeze

Art fairs and music festivals in the streets

Kids with cotton candy

Drive-in movies

Flea markets

Sidewalk musicians

Frogs and fireflies

Sand castles and seashells

Ducks and ducklings gliding across a pond

S'mores on summer night by a campfire

Fresh vegetables

Eating out on a patio or deck

Outdoor weddings

The colorful splendor of gardeners' artistry

Cheerful daisy faces

Sweet smell of roses

A frosty can of pop on a hot afternoon

Feet up with the birds singing,

Reading a good book outside on a lounge chair,

by the pool, or at the beach

Sun sparkling on water

The sound of waves lapping on the shore

Splashing your feet in the cool water while sitting on a dock

Cool grass or warm sand under bare feet

A cleansing, warm, summer rain

GOOD MORNING !

Even though summer isn’t officially here yet, it seems like it! I know there are many more sights and sounds of summer that you probably enjoy, but the list above is a few of mine. I’m off to church as usual this morning and will be saying a prayer for all of you today.

After that I’ll be getting ready for the new work week. One week just slides into the next and time waits for no one…I always try to look expectanty forward hoping that this will be the best day, best week, best month ever. We’ll see….

Life is just so full of surprises and I know from experience that the unexpected happens without warning. I’ll be putting my best foot forward and praying for blessings for you all.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Dirty hands, iced tea, garden fragrances thick in the air and a blanket of color before me, who could ask for more?

Bev Adams

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun summer entry!!
Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

thanks and I will say a prayer for you when I go to mass today too.... hope you have a wonderful restful day today. Sandra

Anonymous said...

you have a great week and yep summer is almost here.

Anonymous said...

it rainded friday and sunday it got so cool last weekend now its ugh. I hate this up and down. I love coming back and reading all my friends. Glad you got to sleep late till 7:30 its nice sometimes to do that

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, blessings from today were friends from church, lessons in class and sermon that were helpful, God leading me to scriptures that will help us get thru in this school situation, the breeze in my face that felt so good while walking, and the 2 different red birds that he provided in my path along the way - he knows I take after my grandmothers and love redbirds.  He knows to see them that it is pleasing to my soul.  Other blessings:  the gentle rain beating on the back porch roof (tin) where I sat and read my homework, the Hubby that cooked my favorite meal spaghetti tonight - my comfort food. (LOL)
Hope your day was full of blessings too.  Thanks for any prayers sent our way and if you have time say one for TheTeen's school turmoil to settle and work out.