Friday, June 16, 2006

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 16

 

The Awards are In

The most destructive habit Worry

The greatest Joy Giving

The greatest loss Loss of self-respect

The most satisfying work Helping others

The ugliest personality trait Selfishness

The most endangered species Dedicated leaders

Our greatest natural resource Our youth

The greatest "shot in the arm" Encouragement

The greatest problem to overcome Fear

The most effective sleeping pill Peace of mind

The most crippling failure disease Excuses

The most powerful force in life Love

The most dangerous pariah A gossiper

The world's most incredible computer The brain

The worst thing to be without Hope

The deadliest weapon The tongue

The two most power-filled words "I Can"

The greatest asset Faith

The most worthless emotion Self-pity

The most beautiful attire SMILE!

The most prized possession Integrity

The most powerful channel of communication Prayer

The most contagious spirit Enthusiasm

GOOD MORNING !

I was delighted to see that a SMILE made the awards list above ! If it wasn’t for a smile now and then, I think my life would be incomplete. When you live by yourself sometimes the only smile you see is when you look in the mirror…so I try to smile when I brush my teeth in the morning…ha ha … it might be the only one I see all day!

I do always try to share that smile with anyone I meet, and most of time I do get one back!

It’s FRIDAY! I’ll be smiling all day today…tomorrow is the WEEKEND!

TODAY’S THOUGHT

In moods of discouragement or despair,

never forget that the sunshine will ultimately come back,

that it's absence never is permanent.

Hang onto your faith,

knowing that soon you will rise into the sunshine again.

Norman Vincent Peale

I hope your day is blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes the weekend its here and a relxing one for sure. after two camping trips in a row and the anniversary party before that and mothers day before that well............ Im savoring the slow weekends. lol wel it is fathers day but you know men they like to take it slow and easy. much less adu than on mothers day.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!
It will be 101 degrees here tomorrow...
Linda :)  <<< a smile...

Anonymous said...

I always love your thoughtful entries. Smile

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is nice that the weekend is upon us.
Oh and today was just wonderful...as I shopped for the picnic all day with TheTeen and then took the stuff to work.
And we did a little shopping for ourselves too.
So it was almost like an off day.
I'll pay for it Monday.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

I am smiling at the thought of you smiling at yourself when you brush your teeth lol

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/