Sunday, July 27, 2008

BOOK O8, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 27

the Sea-Side

by Robert Louis Stevenson

When I was down beside the sea

A wooden spade they gave to me

To dig the sandy shore.

My holes were empty like a cup.

In every hole the sea came up,

Till it could come no more.

 

Hang in there, we might say to each other. We often find ourselves in situations that require us to keep up our strength and endure for the long haul. We are reminded that there are rewards of endurance

GOOD EVENING !

It was a beautiful rain free weekend. We had lots of fun with Christmas in July and had lots of company as one of my dulcimer buddies came for a visit on Saturday and all of DSIL’s family were there too.

Our Christmas feast was one that anyone would have been proud to have on their dining room table. Of course I contributed the usual ‘deviled’ eggs. DD and her hubby provided the turkey and everyone brought a dish to share. DS#1 and his wife made homemade icecream and also his cast iron dutch oven upside down cake for desert. Needless to say I’m eating much lighter in the week to come.

By 10:30 last night I was to pooped to participate any further and hit the sack. But the party continued until the early morning hours. I was up early this morning though and made it to church as always. Prayers were said as always for my family and friends.

The week ahead will be another long 5 day work week. My next Friday off will not be until the 15th of August. Then I’ll have two Fridays off in a row. I figured I’d better take advantage of summer while it’s still here.

School will be starting come the end of August but we’ll still be doing lots of camping on the weekends until the end of October. All the trees turning color in the hills will make for a delightful fall. So I’ll be hanging in there and making the most of my weekends.

I just can seem to fill all the holes so I’ll be going back for more for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

People do with opportunities

as children do at the seashore;

they fill their little hands with sand,

and then let the grains fall through,

one by one, till all are gone.

T. Jones

 

…should the heat become, too hot to bear,

 and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures.  Christmas in July looks like great fun.  I loved the way santa was dressed and that golf cart was so cute.
Food looked great and so did the family.  Great memories, I'm sure.  Glad you had a good time.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sooo much good food! Ugh I would gain 10 pounds going to the lake every weekend! lol Christmas in July looks like fun. That little fluff ball doggie is sooo cute! lol I think school starts here in Kansas Aug 13.. that seems like the middle of summer to me. Too hot for kids! Looks like you all have fun. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

everything looks nice, and what fun you must have had..
Great pix..

Anonymous said...

That was so cool, Christmas in July...the photos were awesome...lots of smiles, fun and good food too.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Christmas in July is a nice family tradition!

Anonymous said...

You guys have so much fun at Camp Rainey!!!
I loved the pictures and Santa too!!
Linda :)