Monday, July 14, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 14

Summer will pass

and we'll wish that we had taken more

time to appreciate the warm weather.

These are all regrets,

 a feeling that is much better

to avoid in our lives.

And the only way to avoid regret

in the future is to act in authentic ways today,

and to get as much as we

 can out of each day,

and to give as much as we can to each day

GOOD MORNING !

I have to say that this summer is not going by unappreciated by me for sure. I have been loving most every moment of it so far. Oh, there have been a few rainy days that I’d rather not repeat, but for the most part I am savoring every moment.

If you don’t happen to live where winters are dark cold and dreary, you would never know just how much summer means. It has been grand getting up in the morning and not shivering as I step out of my nice warm bed. It’s also very nice to have longer daylight hours and to be able to drive to work in the daylight and not the dark. The warmth of the sun seems to take away the aches and pains that bothered me and being able to see my children a little more warms my heart too.

I had lots of R & R over the weekend and I should be ready for what may come my way today. It’ll be a busy start to the week as I dive into the payroll when I arrive at work this morning. Hopefully my mind and body will remember they are no longer in the vacation mode and will cooperate .

I owe, I owe,

It’s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Appreciate every moment of every day because in retrospect they will all have gone by too fast.

M. Buchwald

I hope the summer is a great one,

 with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, relish every moment of sunshine.   You're right,
though, about living in a wintery place making one appreciate
the summer more.  I often long to move to Florida in the
wintertime,  but I love the mountains in the summertime.
Have a good week at work,  look ahead to the weekend.   Pat

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping your working week goes well ~ Glad you are having a good Summer and enjoying every moment of it ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I so don't miss driving to or back from work in the dark....
Have a wonderful week!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

It sure sounds like you and your loved ones are having a wonderful summer. I am not a winter person and do not like driving in snow or ice! Hope your week goes well. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

summers go by way to fast and it's been so rainy. I hope it's finally going to get warm and not rainy.

Anonymous said...

I am with you - we have July, August, and winter here. I love summer!

xoxo