Tuesday, July 8, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 8

Summer afternoon--summer afternoon;

to me those have always been the two

most beautiful words in the English language.

Edith Wharton

Can you imagine experiencing the world

as a great sandbox given for us to play

in like we did as children?

As we play, we can also open ourselves

to the exploration of our edges,

always creating new adventures of

self-exploration as we let go of old

out-dated beliefs about ourselves.

Judith-Annette Milburn

GOOD MORNING !

I made it through another Monday and hopefully Tuesday won’t be so bad. Yesterday was slow going for sure. I had not gotten much sleep on the weekend and I needed more.

Today should be much better as I got lots of sleep in last night. It has turned very hot and we should be close to 90 degrees here today. My home and car and work place all have air conditioning so the heat doesn’t bother me, but those without it or those that have to work outdoors will be affected.

The lazy hazy days of summer are beginning. I can be lazy and live without a/c at the campground, but not at home or work.

I received my first Fall catalog in the mail yesterday and I noticed that a few stores now have back to school clothing in them. The seasons seem to rush by so fast. I will enjoy summer while we have it and be thankful for it too!

We’ve all been the victims of rising gas prices for our vehicles and I imagine the cost of heating our homes this winter will be going up too.

My good cup of coffee is just about done and the clock says it is time… and I owe, I owe , it’s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It is a glorious privilege to live, to know,

to act, to listen, to behold, to love.

To look up at the blue summer sky;

to see the sun sink slowly

beyond the line of the horizon;

to watch the worlds

come twinkling into view,

first one by one, and the myriads

that no person can count, and lo!

the universe is white with them;

and you and I are here.

Marco Morrow

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right the summer is going by way too fast....and we expect our Electric bill any day now...not looking forward to seeing the increases there.   Hope you enjoy your Tuesday..hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Yes on prices of gas for home. We just paid $441 for 200 gallons of propane. Hmmm Gas prices are unreal. Hope you have a blessed week. Janie

Anonymous said...

its scary about the prices isn't it. just glad we have enough to meet our needs
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I havent been on my PC  much lately ,but so nice to be back reading your journal again ,its very cool and wet here today ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

111 degrees here today...
and we have start setting up back to school next week and we are still getting sandals in, lol...
Linda :)