Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 23

We ourselves feel that what we are doing

is just a drop in the ocean.

But if that drop was not in the ocean,

I think the ocean would be less

because of that missing drop.

Mother Teresa

Good Morning !

We are all special and important in the scope of things. Sometimes what we do seems so insignificant that we think it can hardly matter. But we all do make a difference. The other day I read that even terrible people have a purpose – that of showing what a bad example looks like. Hopefully we can be good examples and not the other.

There are many examples of good, strong and loving people in the world and when I do my searches on articles and quotes I’ve managed to find quite a selection. Hopefully some of these will help you too. I know that they help to start my day off with a more positive attitude.

 I think attitude is more important than a good breakfast. If you are in the right frame of mind, everything seems a little brighter and even going off to work is easier.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.

Blaise Pascal

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear, and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with these sentiments.  Sometimes we
cannot control our circumstances,  but we can usually
control how we react to them.  I am working on an
attitude adjustment right now.   Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I agree... everyone is important!  Everyone was created to be special, but some just don't realize how much better life would be if they wanted to apply good acts to their life. I have a little plaque on my wall that says... "Change your thoughts and you change everything."  Sometimes when things are bad it is hard to not be negative.  I have to just stop and realize that God is in control. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful work week and a fun weekend.  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

We watched Evan Almighty last night, where God asks him to build an Ark in modern day.... Great movie! and the message, to change the world with just one act of random kindness at a time.... A ct, R andom, K indness= ARK....
Have a blessed day!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice entry...have a great rest of the week...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

A good attitude will get you far :-)

xoxo