Thursday, July 24, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 24

Patience, patience, patience,

is what the sea teaches.

Patience and faith.

One should lie empty, open,

choiceless as a beach waiting

for a gift from the sea.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Some of us are taking a vacation break. Some of us may have breaks in our normal schedules that come from more difficult life changes ... illness, perhaps, or personal or job loss. Even unwelcome interruptions in the pattern of our daily lives can be an opportunity — for restoration, healing, growth, and wisdom

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

GOOD MORNING !

Patience is often an unwanted attribute. None of us like to wait around for things to happen. However, and that’s a big HOWEVER, we often don’t have much choice in the matter.

It sometimes seems I’ve spent my whole life waiting for something. The important thing to remember while we are trying to be patient is not to let the waiting become more important than the here and now. We can loose the beauty of the moment by thinking we are waiting for something more significant.

You can tell by what I write that I very impatiently wait for the weekends. They’ve become very essential to me. The thing is that Monday through Friday are really just as vital to my life as the weekends. I’m going to have to work harder at appreciating those days too.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Be as patient and faithful as the sea

…should the heat become, too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly as gracefully

 as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to control my patiences at times...thanks for the reminder...and also hope you enjoy your upcoming weekend at the camper...hugs and love,
Joyce
http://journals.aol.com/springangel235/TreasureChestFullofLife/ce

Anonymous said...

I am trying to learn a little more patience each day after going to the emergency room a couple of months ago. I can no longer do what I use to do. Hope your days go well the rest of the week. Janie

Anonymous said...

I need to do that too.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Yes, I realized once that I placed way too much emphasis on the weekends and had to decide to try and enjoy the weekdays as well. lol  Very hard to do in comparison though.  lol
Patience is a virtue.  I wish I had some.  lol
Nite Nite
Sonya

Anonymous said...

No sense wishing most of your life rushes by - hopefully you can find some fulfillment during the rest of the week.

xoxo