Sunday, July 13, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 13

Summer Shower

A drop fell on the apple tree,

Another on the roof;

A half a dozen kissed the eaves,

And made the gables laugh.

A few went out to help the brook,

That went to help the sea.

Myself conjectured,

Were they pearls,

What necklaces could be!

The dust replaced in hoisted roads,

The birds jocose sung;

The sunshine threw his hat away,

The orchards spangles hung.

The breezes brought dejected lutes,

And bathed them in the glee;

The East put out a single flag,

And signed the fete away.

Emily Dickinson

GOOD EVENING !

I hope you all had a great weekend.  I'm home once more and  sooooo lazy that it's hard for me to sit up and put this entry in.  I thought I'd better get it in before I fall asleep and would have to do it tomorrow.  The long ride home coasting up and down the hills almost did it.  Put me to sleep I mean. 

We had lots and lots of rain, mixed in with some very hot and steamy weather .  There were lots of tent campers this weekend and Ifelt so sorry for them when it rained.  We have nice decks with awnings and campers with a/c so really no matter the weather it is still fun for us. I finished reading one book and got half way through another .

Monday - Friday this week should be nice and sunny each day they say. It's still too soon for an accurate weekend forecast, but I'm willing to bet it'll rain again.  As long as some sun shines I'm happy though.

Now I best get busy and get things ready around here for another work week.  Vacation is over for me til next weekend and then I'll have one of my nice long 3 day weekends.  I'll be ready for that I'm sure.

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking.

Earl Wilson

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly

above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back,

 and let the woes slide on by.

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you just love Emily Dickenson?  I do.  I had not read that poem of hers,
unless I had forgotten it.  It is beautiful.  Glad the rain did not dampen your
spirits.  Aren't you glad God sends us what we need when we need it?  Glad
petty humans aren't in charge of the weather.  That would be a mess.  Hope
you have a great week.   (Loved the T.V. stars! Good project!)

Anonymous said...

The pictures were great. I bet it would be more fun to sit in a camper and listen to the rain and read a book. Might not jump up and do some house work like you would at home. lol Glad all of you had a good time. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

You sure do love your summers! I can relate to that :-). Maybe it's a beagle-owner thing??

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Loved your pictures the Interviews were great :o) ~ what a cute idea ~ we havn't had much of a Summer over here still hoping for it to make an appearance ~ Your Camp fire looked so inviting ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

How cute is that TV.... you mentioned the campers had all the comforts of home, but I'm thinking no tvs..... lol....
son3 starts humming tv theme songs or even video game songs when he is having tv withdrawal.....
Linda :)