Sunday, July 6, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 7

Summer afternoon--summer afternoon;

to me those have always been the two

most beautiful words in the English language.

Edith Wharton

 

Happy trails to you,

until we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,

Others are blue.

It's the way you ride the trail that counts,

Here's a happy one for you.

Dale Evans

GOOD EVENING !

Here I am home again and having said good bye to DS#2 and #4 and their families this morning I’m a little sad this evening. Not only did I say goodbye to them, but good bye to all of my children and to a great family reunion too. I put in a few  pictures but will try and put in more later in the week.

I had them all together on the 4th of July and most of them through the whole holiday weekend. We had a great visit and I’m hoping we made some great memories for them all.

The grand’babes’ will be talking about their summer vacation for weeks to come I’m sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

How lucky I am to have something

that makes saying goodbye so hard.

Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

I hope the summer is a great one,

 with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly

above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back, and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all the great pictures. You have a nice family and how wonderful all of you were together. I think I would like all of them... they all have dogs... and hey! they have to be good people if they like dogs! Right? lol Hope you have a blessed week. Janie

Anonymous said...

Great photos...loved all of them.   Sad they are gone.....but I am sure there will soon be more gatherings...and lots of good times...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

and now you have all the great photos to remind you of the great family weekend.....
Linda :)