Thursday, July 10, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 10

Summer afternoon--summer afternoon;

to me those have always been the two

most beautiful words in the English language.

Edith Wharton

Summer is a prodigal of joy. The grass

Swarms with delighted insects as I pass,

And crowds of grasshoppers at every stride

Jump out all ways with happiness their guide;

And from my brushing feet moths flit away

In safer places to pursue their play.

In crowds they start. I marvel, well I may,

To see such worlds of insects in the way,

And more to see each thing, however small,

Sharing joy's bounty that belongs to all.

And here I gather, by the world forgot,

Harvests of comfort from their happy mood,

Feeling God's blessing dwells in every spot

And nothing lives but owes him gratitude

John Clare

GOOD MORNING

It is so true, we all have much to be thankful for.

And it is a good day to list some of those blessings.

I am thankful for my health and that of my family

I’m thankful for my job

I’m thankful for my camper and being able to spend more time with my family this summer

I’m thankful for the warmth of the sun that heals my weary bones

I’m thankful for each new day and the opportunity to live it to the fullest.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I asked for strength, that I might achieve greatness.

I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things.

I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy.

I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.

I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.

I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for

But everything I hoped for.

Almost despite myself,

My unspoken prayers were answered.

I am among all men,

Most richly blessed.

Rabindranath Tagore

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become, too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

 as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

 MA

 

 

graphics by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice entry...have a great day...hugs.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Good morning to you, also.
Trying to get caught up on journal reading.  Hope the
rain has ended for the weekend. so that you can
enjoy the camping.  Like you, I love the sunshine
and summer.  Have a great day.  Pat

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for sooo many things... just say all my blessings. lol Hope you have a blessed week. Janie