Friday, July 25, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 25

A genuine caring love

is like a tree that is mature.

It does not get uprooted by every

passing wind or feeling of change.

It develops with time

a strong root structure.

It sends out sturdy branches.

It can survive dry spells.

Larry Christenson

If you're constantly stretched too thin to meet all of your obligations, you owe it to yourself to take a close look at how you spend your time. It's tough to set limits on your life, especially if you're one of those people whom others turn to when they need anything at all.

GOOD MORNING !

Visions of a huge old shade tree on a hot summer day remind us of the welcome relief we get when we sit down and relax under one.

Family trees are not so very different from a shade tree. Very often the family provides shelter and most of us always feel relaxed and welcome when we are with our families.

I know I have roots that go back centuries that make me what I am today. And I know too that with the love my family provides, I am a better person for sure.

I’ll be joining some of that family after work this evening and as always I am looking forward to a peaceful weekend. Some of them havealready been at the campsite for a day or so and I know when I arrive I’ll be greeted by a few hugs and probably some good food too.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In the summer when the days are hot,

I like to find a shady spot,

And hardly move a single bit

And sit, and sit, and sit, and sit

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement

…but should the heat become,

too hot to bear, and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I know you will be having a wonderful weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

We have been sitting on the deck in front of the garage in the early evening. Of course we are surrounded by 4 cats (Socks is scared of dogs) and 2 dogs. lol Have a wonderful weekend. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I have a lovely huge oak tree at the bottom of my garden and a family tree that so far goes back to the 1600's.  Have a lovely weekend with your family.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a peaceful and relaxing weekend...enjoy!!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good camping weekend.  It was a nice rainy day here yesterday mixed in with some sun too.  However, it has turned steamy on this Sunday morning.   I'm wearing white today to reflect the heat.  I'm so white that you need sunglasses to be in the same room.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Nice analogy with the trees :-)

xoxo