Monday, July 28, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 28

Sunshine, on my shoulders

- makes me happy

sunshine, in my eyes

- can make me cry

sunshine, on the water

- looks so lovely

sunshine, almost always

- makes me high

if I had a day that I could give you

I’d give to you a day just like today

if I had a song that I could sing for you

I’d sing a song to make you feel this way

sunshine, on my shoulders - makes me happy

sunshine, in my eyes - can make me cry

sunshine, on the water - looks so lovely

sunshine, almost always - makes me high

if I had a tale that I could tell you

I’d tell a tale sure to make you smile

if I had a wish that I could wish for you

I’d make a wish for sunshine all the while

sunshine, on my shoulders

- makes me happy

sunshine, in my eyes - can make me cry

sunshine, on the water - looks so lovely

sunshine, almost always - makes me high

sunshine almost al the times makes me high

sunshine, almost always

John Denver

GOOD MORNING !

It is supposed to be another sunny day here in Northern Ohio. I really do love the sunshine! It is so bleak here all winter that it seems I just cannot get enough of it.

So far no one has figured out how to bottle it, so I’m trying to get all I can while I can. Sitting in an office 5 days a week just isn’t what I would call a great way to enjoy it, but I do have a window that looks out right beside me so that is a good thing.

Of course some days it is just to hot to sit in the sun, but to be outside in the shade or floating around in the pool is heavenly

I was up later than I should have been last night as DS#6 and #4 called to check in. Both have been putting in some really long hours at work. DS#4 says he hardly remembers having a vacation.

Lots of companies need to hire more workers to lighten the load others are carrying but in our sad economic times they put extra on the ones there and don’t hire more it seems.

I’ve been blessed to have lots of time off and am more relaxed and rested than I have been in years. My work is not hard and is often more boring than anything so I can’t and won’t complain about it.

I hope you are refreshed and ready for a new week. A new start, a new day and one to make the most of for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Laughter is an instant vacation.

Milton Berle

I'm sending you a wish

to stay cool beneath the scalding sun.

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear, and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back, and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture at the top "a day at the beach"  that is where I want to be.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope your weather cools...ours too for that matter.
Sounds like looking out your window at work helps the time go by faster...enjoy your week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

That was nice of your sons to call you and check in. I hope my son does that when he's grown.
Enjoy your week.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I will miss the sun when winter gets here..lovely song.

Anonymous said...

Hope things go well at work and back to the lake you go. lol Blessings, Janie