Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 1

Summer afternoon--summer afternoon;

to me those have always been the two

most beautiful words in the English language.

Edith Wharton

 

The Angel of July brings a season of leisure, a time to play and replenish our energy. The projects we began in the spring should be well underway and growing stronger on their own.

July's angel urges us to take the time, now, to step back and observe what we have planted.

The July angel encourages us to tend the garden of our life, to care for what we have started, and to be objective enough to weed out the unhealthy or unproductive elements.

This angel of summer reminds us to nurture the people and things that bring us happiness, so we can product for ourselves a crop of joy and fulfillment

You cannot hold back a good laugh any more than you can the tide. Both are forces of nature.

William Rotsler

Good Morning !

It’s that glorious time of the year when most of us can put on our shorts and short-sleeved shirts and actually feel the air and sunlight on our skin. When we don't have to turn up the heat in the morning when we get up.

Summer has a special sort of magic that we can't deny. So my theme for July is going to be a mixture of all the things that make up summer, a lot about nature, and the beach and also a few patriotic entries as the 4th of July is almost here.

AHHH summertime. We dream of it all year long. We happily ditch the coats, gloves and boots and trade them in for shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops. Summer conjures up visions of days at the beach, picnics in the park, playing outside with friends, long, hot days and warm nights and warm-weather treats like ice cream and hot dogs

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Rabindranath Tagore

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully

as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trouble is we have had a bad summer weather wise until today when it is absolutely scorching, we have all the doors and windows open, fans going and it is still too much for me.  I like temperature days when I can get outside.  Cannot take the heat these days, wish I could.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love summer, I am looking forward to the next months worth of entries.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Summer days are filled it seems with lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

I try to avoid the midday sun, but I love the warm
mornings and evenings.  Some stores and restaurants
are kept so cool that I usually take a light sweater
or jacket just in case.  But I love summer ,  too.
Have a good one.   Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi.. slowly trying to catch up on comments. lol  Still on break. lol Hope you had a wonderful weekend at the lake. Blessings, Janie