Thursday, July 17, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 17

In winter I get up at night

And dress by yellow candle-light.

In summer quite the other way

I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see

The birds still hopping on the tree,

Or hear the grown-up people's feet

Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,

When all the sky is clear and blue,

And I should like so much to play,

To have to go to bed by day?

Robert Louis Stevenson

GOOD MORNING!

The poem above describes me to a tee…I do go to bed before it’s dark. The neighbors children are usually still outside playing. In my opinion they are out too late, but my opinion doesn’t mean a thing.

I would love to be sitting out on a pleasant evening watching the stars and listening to the evening sounds, but since I get up so early in the morning, it means I must go to bed early too.

I think it must be really dark about 10 o’clock now and usually I head upstairs about 9. The blessing of the weekend is I get to stay up. I sit by the campfire most nights til 11 or 11:30. It’s a little bit of heaven for sure.

I’ll head out to the camper after work today as tomorrow is a vacation day so it’ll be a nice 3 day long weekend for me. 2 nights by the campfire does sound grand. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers. I’ll check in Sunday evening to let you know how the weekend went.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world.

Ada Louise Huxtable

The summer heat is coming,

and so I'm sending you a wish

to stay cool beneath the scalding sun.

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear, and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly as gracefully

as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am up early at the crack of dawn every day.Though I do not go to bed very early as I would never sleep long enough.It is light here in the evenings until well after 10 some nights.We cannot enjoy that sun again today it is Raining once more this morning so I am catching up with commenting.So pleased you have  a long weekend ENJOY to the full you so deserve to.Enjoy your last day at work too.I hope the sun shines brilliantly for you and you get a few smiles along the way.Take Care God Bless Kath  http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Though I can't go, I'm glad you can.
Come back rested and oh, so tan.
While you're outside so wild and free,
just close your eyes and think of me.
Holed up in this lonely den,
writing poems to you, my friend.
     Jes kidden, have fun!  Pat

Anonymous said...

Though I can't go, I'm glad you can.
Come back rested and oh, so tan.
While you're outside so wild and free,
just close your eyes and think of me.
Holed up in this lonely den,
writing poems to you, my friend.
     Jes kidden, have fun!  Pat

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I see I saved it twice.  Just delete.
Seriously, after working all week and getting
up early,  you deserve your playtime.  I am
happy for you and enjoying vicariously.  Pat

Anonymous said...

I am  a night owl...glad u get to have fun on weekends..
lovely graphic.

Anonymous said...

I am sure it is hard to get up on Monday after staying up all weekend.  I would be half snoozin' at the campfire area.  lol

Hope you have an awesome weekend.  Your long weekend will be starting soon.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your long weekend vacation at your camper ~ sounds like a little bit of heaven ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Happy you have the weekends to enjoy the late night evenings...campfire sounds wonderful to me!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

This is going to be your best weekend of the whole summer!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

That is the truth. Poor children going back to school have to go to bed when it is still daylight outside. Hard for little ones. Sounds like a wonderful time and sure you will have one. God Bless, Janie