Monday, July 7, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 7

Summer afternoon--summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.

Edith Wharton

Oh, how beautiful is the summer night,

which is not night, but a sunless,

yet unclouded, day, descending upon earth

with dews and shadows and refreshing coolness!

How beautiful the long mild twilight,

which, like a silver clasp,

unites today with yesterday!

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

GOOD MORNING!

I’m up and sipping the good coffee, but to say I’m awake and smiling would be a lie, so we’ll just say I’m up and will go off to work and hopefully function at a minimal level today.

I really am tired out after the busy weekend. But I loved every moment of it for sure. I put in a few more pictures of my family as I have so many to share. I could have and probably should have taken even more.

It is such a grand occasion when I can get them all together. My two grand babes – Our Dino Boy and Pretty Lady came the farthest for the reunion. They had a long air flight and then an 18 hour drive. Next was DS#2 who did the 18 hour drive and then came DS#4 and family who had a 8 hour drive.

The others all live in Ohio and had 1 and ½ hour long drives to 3 hour drives. It was a blessing for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A porch is the only real reward you need

after a long summer's day.

Shawn Sell

 

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful holiday! I'm glad you were able to see your family.
Have a good week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

The pictures are all wonderful!  How great that you had your whole family together.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics..love the quote

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time as usual. Neat kennel for the dogs... great idea. What a blessing to have everyone together.. and have so much fun. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

how cool is that golf cart, lol....
and wow that is a far way to travel but so glad they got to visit too....
Linda :)
ps... send rain....