Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 30

 

 

Music: Leigh Harline; Lyrics: Ned Washington;

sung by: Jiminy Cricket

When you wish upon a star,

makes no difference who you are

Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams,

no request is too extreme

When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love

The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue,

fate steps in and sees you thru

When you wish upon a star,

your dreams come true

GOOD MORNING !

I love the song above. It fills your heart with hope. I think anyone old or young can relate to wishing on a star. I can remember going to the movie and also watching Disney on TV and hearing this song so many years ago.

I also remember the little saying we said when we’d spot that first star at night.

Star light, star bright

First star I see tonight

I wish I may

I wish I might

Have the wish

I wish tonight

Sometimes those dreams do come true. Sometimes they don’t. No matter what though, we’ve got today as a special gift. It has been given to us and we must not let all our dreams spoil what may be a very extraordinary day.

Appreciating each day and it’s blessings is like seeing a dream come true. I always try to make each day count. If I have some blessings to put on my list each night, then it did. Moment by moment, day by day I have so many blessings it’s hard to count them all. Here is just a few:

I’m so very blessed by having a comfortable home And a loving family

I’m blessed by the beautiful summer weather.

I’m blessed with a job

I’m blessed with reasonably good health

I’m blessed by having a few dear friends

And the awesomeness of nature blesses me every day with the beauty all around.

I would encourage every one to start making a list, and I think they’d find, just like me, that many of my dreams have already come true.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Time is a flowing river.

Happy those who allow themselves to be carried,

unresisting, with the current.

They float through easy days.

They live, unquestioning, in the moment.

Christopher Morley

… should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back, and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning!  
You open my eyes to the beauty around me.
You encourage me to dream while I realize
that my fondest wishes have come true, and
that I am of all people, so blessed.  Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had your positive attitude on a daily basis like you do. You are so right, we all need to count our blessings daily.
Have a good night,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Children's games are fun. lol Hope your week goes well. Only another day to go before going to the lake. Blessings, Janie