Friday, July 11, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 11

Summer is a sailor in a rowboat

and ice-cream on your dress

when you're four years old.

Summer is a man with his coat off,

wet sand between your toes,

the smell of a garden

an hour before moonrise.

Oh, summer is silk itself,

a giant geranium and

music from a flute far away!

Michael Brown

GOOD MORNING

TGIF – THANK GOODNESS IT IS FRIDAY

As always I’m off the camper for the weekend just as soon as I finish this work day. I’ve got great plans for doing a whole lot of nothing but rest the next 2 days.

I always have a hard time leaving the camper on Sunday evenings. I am almost to the point of wanting to commute the hour long drive to work each day, but that wouldn’t be fair to the beagle as he would have to be left behind.

The weather forecast is going down hill quickly as there is now a chance of rain today and on both Saturday and Sunday. I never thought I’d enjoy camping in the rain, but the peace and quiet there is much better than what I would find at home so I’ll be happy no matter what the weather.

Have a great weekend all ! I’ll check in on Sunday evening as always and will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

At this time of year, we may tend to think of warmth as a characteristic of weather more than anything else. But while people may have different opinions about the comfort of the outside temperature, we all respond to the comforting and even healing warmth of personality.

... warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child. —Carl Jung

It seems to me nowadays that the most important task for someone who is aging is to spread love and warmth whenever possible. —Kathe Kollwitz

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear,

and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly as gracefully

as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back, and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love staying at my camper during the week.  It seems like a little mini vacation each day to be able to come home from work to there.  Thankfully the drive from the camper is the same as the drive from work for me so I can do it.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Not much chance of heat here judging by the long-term forecast.  They reckon we are in for a wash-out summer but I am sure there will be a few bright days.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I always loved the sound of the rain on the camper.  Even if it rained hard,
you feel like you are in a little cocoon, and cozy as a bug in a rug.  Give me
a good book and I enjoyed those days just as much. Well, almost as much!
Enjoy your weekend and just let the stress flow away.  Remembering,   Pat

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good weekend..sounds like a lovely place to relax..
maybe someday you will not have to leave...can move there.?

Anonymous said...

Resting sounds like a wonderful thing to do. lol I like to sit on the front porch and watch it rain. lol Wishing you a great weekend also. Janie

Anonymous said...

Too bad you can't take the beagle to work with you!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a rain free...good weekend at the camper...and it was relaxing...hugs and love,
Joyce