Monday, July 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 21

It's easy to romanticize what we don't know.

It's easy to assume that someone else must

have a greater vision, a nobler purpose than

just going to work, having a family,

and living a life.

People are people, and have been throughout time.

Our problems aren't new or unique.

The secret to happiness is the same

as it has always been.

If you are unhappy with where you are,

don't be there.

Yes, you may be here now,

you may be learning hard lessons today,

but there is no reason to stay there.

If it hurts to touch the stove,

don't touch it.

If you want to be someplace else,

move.

If you want to chase a dream,

then do it.

Learn your lessons where you are,

but don't close off your ability

to move and to learn new lessons someplace else.

Are you happy with the path you're on?

If not, maybe it's time to choose a new one.

There need not be a great mysterious reason.

Sometimes it's just hot and dry,

and the beach is calling your name.

Be where you want to be.

Melody Beattie

GOOD MORNING !

Every time I read something like the quote above, I say to myself – I really do not want to be here…

The HERE is of course is my job, the place where I normally spend 7-4 Monday through Friday. The BEACH is always calling my name.

The question is would I really enjoy my weekends away so much if I didn’t have to work through the week???

Probably not.

They say you can’t have true JOY unless you’ve known sorrow. I guess what they are trying to say is that is must all balance out. A little of this and that can make something wonderful.

It is back to work for me and the week will be a long 5 day one. I’ll have the weekend ahead at the camper as my little pie in the sky. It’ll keep me focused on getting my job done so that come the weekend I can relax again.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I walked slowly out on the beach.

A few yards below high-water mark

I stopped and read the words again:

WRITE YOUR WORRIES ON THE SAND.

I let the paper blow away, reached down

and picked up a fragment of shell.

Kneeling there under the vault of the sky,

I wrote several words, one above the other.

Then I walked away, and I did not look back.

I had written my troubles on the sand.

The tide was coming in.

Arthur Gordon

…should the heat become, too hot to bear,

 and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on, kick back,

and let the woes slide on by.

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it is a good week for you and a relaxing weekend camping...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good week..

Anonymous said...

You find the greatest pictures and sayings!  are you always
on the lookout for them?  Glad you had another wonderful
weekend.  Mine consisted of two dine-out meals, church and
Batman movie with one of the grandsons an' my Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I loved the quote you started off with ~ I hope you have a good week and I know you will enjoy your weekend ~ I wonder if you would as much if you didn't go to work ~ (I don't think you would:o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

If we were never down in the valley we would not appreciate being on the mountain... those are the words of a song. lol Have a great week. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Things are changing around at work once again, as in another change in plans, so I am now off for six days.... we are thinking of one more trip to the beach maybe next Monday, just a couple more weeks and the boys will be back in school....
Have a great week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I love having my summers off but you know I also like going back to work. LOL. Then I complain I want it to be summer again.

Anonymous said...

Summers in the midwest are just wonderful! They make up for the other 10 months of the year :P

xoxo