Wednesday, July 9, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 7, PAGE 9

Summer afternoon--summer afternoon;

to me those have always been the two

most beautiful words in the English language.

Edith Wharton

Sultry, steaming, sweltering. . . .

Slow down. Or stop.

It's time to shed ambition and expectation,

along with commutes, clothing, cellular phones,

calendars. Now our wants seem to diminish.

Is it because our needs are met?

A shady nook, a cold drink, a cool breeze--

whether indoors or out.

A respite from the rigors of the day.

Time off for good behavior.

Summer is not so much a season as a melody,

that tune of contentment we hum as the days

 begin to beautifully blur.

The pursuit of happiness becomes

our personal priority this month,

as the sweet strains of . . .

Harmony start to be heard in our hearts.

Sarah Ban Breathnach

GOOD MORNING !

OVER THE HUMP DAY!

This long work week is sorta hard to adjust to after having 2 short weeks in a row. A full 5 days of work is more than I’d like to do anyway. Thankfully I’ll have more vacation days coming up that I’ll scatter around so that I’ll have some more 3 day weekends before camping season ends. We have a long way to go yet before the end of October comes.

We had a big downpour just about the time I left for home yesterday evening and we may have some more rain this morning, but it should clear by afternoon. It cooled things down and that was a good thing. I don’t want that air conditioner to run any more than it absolutely has to.

My babes all made it home safe and sound from their vacation at the camper. The last one to report in was DS#2 who had the farthest to travel by car. He says his a/c went out in the car and they had to drive in 95 degree temps part of the way. It’s a new car too. I’m just very thankful they made it home safely.

I hope your HUMP day is a good one and that you too find some things to be thankful for!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Learn to pause ...

or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you.

Doug King

I hope the summer is a great one,

with lots of fun and excitement.

But should the heat become,

too hot to bear, and should trouble find you,

I hope you'll remember to fly

as gracefully as a butterfly above it all.

Just slip your sunglasses on,

kick back, and let the woes slide on by.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear they all made it home safe.  I have a few more three day weekends coming up too and then a full week off the week before labor day.  I am soooo looking forward to that.  Linda

Anonymous said...

We are going to get heavy downpours today and this evening...
Happy all of your family got home safely...have a great midweek...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun summer.  I am glad your family is back home safe.
Enjoy your day..
Hugs, Cassie

Anonymous said...

so glad everyone is home safe and sound...
and I am sorry to hear about your cat....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

We had a LOT of rain yesterday. That is a mother's wish, isn't it, for all her children to get home safe. Hope the week goes by fast for you. Have a great week. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

One more day besides today and you'll be off again.
I know you look forward to your week-ends with
family.  Cherish every moment.  And enjoy!   Pat