Thursday, May 1, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 1

The Angel of May brings the blush and promise of spring.

May's angel rejoices with us as we take heart

at the sight of trees ad shrubs in bloom

and relish our anticipation of the fruits to come.

This angel of spring reminds us that this is a time

of awakening the seed within ourselves.

Perhaps we have a deep longing, an artistic talent

never explored or a friendship never quite attempted.

This angel of May will help us discover this potential,

nurturing our spirits as we can dare to fulfill

this hidden promise and bring forth the

fruit of a life fully lived.

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

GOOD MORNING !

There is an old saying that advises us to turn the lemons that life deals us into lemonade. No matter what age we find ourselves, life does, on occasion, present us with some very difficult challenges.

I prefer to consider these challenges lessons in growth--and our growth comes in all sizes, shapes, and colors for sure.

Living in a home that has become an empty nest is not a pleasant adjustment to make. Gone are the days where my home was a sanctuary that held children bubbling with joy, anticipation, and love for life. My life was filled with some thing happening every moment and then suddenly all was way too quiet

We can glorify our circumstances and have a fulfilling existence by celebrating events in life that perhaps we never realized were worthy of celebration. It’s a matter of choosing to see things differently. Choice. We all have choice.

The answer is all in the perspective one takes. You can't always change your circumstances, but you can change your attitude. All it takes is the decision to stop "enduring" and to start celebrating!

Time is so precious that we really do need to celebrate each day!  That is why my theme for this month will be CELEBRATING.  I hope that you all will choose to celebrate with me as we journey through the merry month of May.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road

and celebrate the journey!

Barbara Hoffman

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And BEAUTIFUL!

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that ...celebrate ,I celebrate the fact that I was able to see my eldest  son become 48 yesterday ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry as always my friend xxxx

Anonymous said...

I agree, celebrate each day...great entry...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

To Celebrate sounds great.I had never looked at each day that way.I love your journal it teaches me so much each day,I come along here to read your inspiring words..So today I am not only going to celebrate the www 15 yrs Anniversary or seeing the sun shine on the the first day of May,but I am going to also celebrate finding your delighful journal I so enjoy.I am going away for  a few days tomorrow Friday ,and I will not have access to a computer,so I  will catch up next week on your postings. ENJOY your camper at the weekend.Take Care God Bless Safe journeys there and back.Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I can relate to this post..
hope you have a warm sunny day:)

Anonymous said...

Every day is a gift!

xoxo